Carpet Cleaning FAQ’s
Q: What type of cleaning services do you offer?
As evident in our business name, our services focus mainly on carpet and upholstery cleaning, and we cater to residential and commercial customers. Our cleaning services include dry/steam cleaning carpets, deodorizing, disinfecting, spot cleaning, stains removal, area rug cleaning, and water damage cleanups.
Q: Can you remove all types of stains?
The success of the stain removal service is dependent on various factors. These factors include the type and age of the stain, as well as the fabric of the carpet. Of course, we have the expertise to remove most types of stains. However, we do not guarantee that we can always get them out completely. What we do promise are the best results. In most cases, if we can’t get rid of the stain, nobody else can.
Q: Why should I clean my carpet and upholstery?
It is true that regular vacuuming can remove surface contaminants and dirt. However, over time, ground-in debris can soil the fibers of the carpet. If neglected, these contaminants can affect the look of your carpet and even cause health problems. So, it is still essential to seek the help of professionals to deep clean what your eye can’t see.
Q: Why hire a professional when I clean the carpet myself?
There are different types of stains. While you can use consumer-grade products on some of them, there are stains that are too stubborn. A professional cleaner will have the training, knowledge, tools, and equipment necessary to handle various types of stains. Halo Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning can determine the right procedure and technique for your specific carpet and upholstery issues.
Q: Can you remove urine and pet odors?
Our cleaning solution contains a deodorizer that can handle most types of pet odors. If you’re worried about the lingering smell of urine, trust that we’ll use professional spotters that can effectively eliminate foul odors.
Q: Do you provide quotes over the phone?
Yes. You can contact us and we can provide you with a quote over the phone. You can also fill out the online form and we’ll email you a quotation. However, for commercial properties, we may need to visit the site and assess your requirements before we can provide an estimate.
Q: Should I make some preparations before the actual cleaning service?
Halo Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning aims to clean and restore your carpet and upholstered items as close to their original condition. So, we also need your help in ensuring that we can achieve the highest quality care for your home or business’ carpet and upholstery.
Here are some ways you can prepare before our arrival:
- Temperature—If you want a faster drying time, we recommend that you keep the temperature between 68 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit 12 hours before our arrival.
- Vacuuming—We can ensure the efficacy of the debris removal process when you vacuum before our visit.
- Furniture—If the cleaning project requires moving furniture of any kind, we will gladly move them out of the way before the service. However, if you need excessive furniture moving, we may require an extra labor charge. Please note any pieces of furniture that you do want to be moved. Moreover, please remember to empty bookshelves and China-filled cabinets prior to our arrival.
- Breakables—Please remove breakable or delicate items from the furniture tops to avoid accidents. Please be reminded that our team will focus on cleaning your carpet and upholstered items instead of caring for delicate décor.
- Problematic spots—Don’t forget to inform our team about spotting problems, including the ones that you’ve tried to remove in the past. If you can, please let us know the age and origin of the problem, as well as the chemicals you used.
- Pets—To avoid any accidental harm to your beloved pets, please place them in a secure place, away from the work area. Make sure that they won’t be able to escape and go in harm’s way.Occupants—Please ensure that there is an occupant of legal age in the premises. If the only person present is under 18 years of age, our company policy will prevent us from performing any form of service.
Q: How long do I need to wait before the carpet completely dries?
The drying time can be kept to a minimum when we use the hot water extraction (steam cleaning) method. However, there are still several factors that affect the duration, including the following:
- Gravity of soiling
- Type of carpet/upholstery material
- Air circulation in the premises
- Humidity levels
Usually, it takes four to 24 hours for the carpet to dry. During the drying phase, it is ideal for you to avoid walking on the carpet. However, after four hours, you can walk on it, as long as you wear white socks or clean tennis shoes.
Q: How often should I hire professional carpet cleaners?
The frequency of professional cleaning depends on various factors including the presence of pets, children, and allergies. It is also important to consider whether the carpet or upholstered item is subjected to light or heavy use. Whatever the case is, the more often get professional cleaning services, the longer your carpet and upholstered items will last. In general, we recommend that you have them professionally cleaned at least twice a year.
Q: Do you clean area rugs?
Yes. We can clean all types of rugs, including Persian, oriental, seagrass, sisal, Flokati, Tibetan, Moroccan, Navajo, and Dhurrie rugs, among many others. We can clean the rug on site. If you want a deeper type of cleaning for your area rugs, we can also pick up and deliver it.
Q: How should I care for my carpet in between professional cleanings?
Vacuum high-traffic areas on a daily basis to avoid dirt buildup. In general, you should vacuum the carpet at least once a week to significantly reduce debris between cleanings. Make sure you treat accidental spills as soon as they occur to prevent permanent staining.
Feel Free to Contact Halo Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
If you have questions that we weren’t able to cover, we will be glad to answer them!